- About Us
- Parish Life
- Our Ministries
- Parish News
- Contact Us
530 Rogers Road
Saskatoon, SK. S7N 3Z3
Father Robinson School, putting Faith into Education serves Kindergarten to Grade 8 students located in the heart of the Erindale and Arbor Creek neighbourhoods. Bussing is provided for students living in Arbor Creek. If you are new to Saskatoon or relocating to the neighbourhood please call us at 659-7200 to arrange a visit and explore the excellent learning opportunities and extracurricular activities that are offered in our school. We offer exemplary high quality classroom instruction and assessment practices from K-Gr. 8 as well as providing a safe and caring environment. We strive to work in collaboration with parents and guardians to support and actualize student potential. In addition, we offer Intensive French at Gr. 6 & Enhanced French at Gr. 7 & 8, Band Program for Gr. 6, 7 & 8, a wide range of extracurricular activities including Gardening Club, Volleyball, Basketball, Cross Country, Indoor Track, Floor Hockey, Art Club, Social Justice, and Yearbook. Please visit the gscs.sk.ca website and visit the Father Robinson blog by clicking on Our Schools and choosing Father Robinson to learn more about our school activities.
“The signs of the Spirit among us are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” Adapted from Galatians 5:22-23
We, the Father Robinson School Community, securely rooted in the Gospel values of Christ, aspire to live according to God’s will. With Jesus as our teacher and model we will:
Called by the Gospel and guided by the example of determination and courage of Father Robinson we look upon each day as a gift, an opportunity to learn and grow. Our actions will be based on the faith, hope and love of Christ.
“Success for every student in a safe, caring, fun and faith-filled learning environment.”
On August 4, 1989, the Catholic Board of Education approved the construction of a new school in the Erindale neighbourhood and on August 23 the school was officially named after Monsignor Robinson.
Construction began in the fall of 1989 and continued until its completion in August 1992. Classes began on August 31, 1992 with 185 students. Since that time the student population has flourished and serves 570 students.
The school was officially opened and blessed by Most Rev. Basil Filevich and Most Rev. James Mahoney on March 13, 1993.
The school is named in honour of Monsignor Robinson. John Robinson was born in St. John, New Brunswick on June 24, 1916. He was ordained to the priesthood for the Diocese of London, Ontario on May 30, 1942. He came to Saskatoon with Bishop Pocock in 1944 and remained until his death on April 4, 1974. As a parish priest, he served the people of St. Paul’s Cathedral, St. Michael, St. Philip and Holy Spirit Parishes. He was named Vicar General in 1964 and a Domestic Prelate in 1965. Monsignor Robinson was a good and strong leader in the Church, a special friend to priests and a person with a particular concern for young people. Among the many things he is remembered for is his continued and active support of Catholic education.
Father Robinson School is dedicated to St. John the Baptist (the patron Saint of teachers).