I often get asked the question: “How are things going with the youth groups?” or “what exactly do you do in youth ministry” or (my personal favorite) “why so much pizza???”
Youth ministry exists in our church to provide our youth with opportunities for evangelization, discipleship, and community. This takes flesh in many ways; from taking selfies with a cardboard cutout of the Pope, to leading a group of high school students through Eucharistic Adoration, to ordering in enough pizza for 100 youth on a Tuesday night – the Holy Spirit moves in many ways!
I’ve included some photo highlights from the past few months of youth ministry below. Enjoy!
We have some AMAZING youth retreats coming up this Spring! Mark your calendars!
- For youth in grades 6-8: Momentum youth rally – Saturday, May 27th at ED Feehan High School (poster attached below)
- For high school aged youth AND young adults: F2F Youth & Young adult Retreat – Saturday, June 3rd & Sunday, June 4th at Holy Family Cathedral! (click here for full details)
- o Young adults – want to help out with planning and preparation? Contact me (Amanda McQuaid) ASAP and come to our next planning meeting!
Please pray for our youth ministry programs. We are always in need of prayer support for our many youth ministry programs. We rely on prayer for everything we do. SO please, pray for us!
Some ways you can support youth ministry at the parish:
- Join the prayer team!
- Pray for the F2F Youth & Young adult retreat – We are in need of people to pray for the fruitfulness of this retreat. To do this, we are asking people to commit to a day of prayer in the month of May. If you would like to pick a day for prayer, click here to be sent to the website.
- Pray for our Mission Team – Our Mission Team is in need of prayers, too! We need your prayers to help us grow as a team, prepare for service in Lima, and grow in our relationships with God, others, and ourselves.
To join the prayer team, text @hfmission to (613) 699-6763
- Join the HF YM Core Team – we are in need of the support & commitment of young adult & adult volunteers. If you would like to be a part of the HF YM Core Team, please contact Amanda McQuaid as soon as possible.